10. Liverpool boast a W3 D1 L2 record against Southampton in the League Cup and won their last meeting in this competition 3-1 in November 2002. The Reds are 2.88 to win again.
9. Southampton, however, have never lost at home to Liverpool in the League Cup (W1 D1). They are 1.44 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
8. These sides drew 1-1 in the Premier League the last time they met, back in October. It was the first draw between them in their last 13 meets and another is available at 3.40.
7. Sadio Mane scored and was sent off during that clash at Anfield — the Senegalese’s last of six goals for Saints so far this season. Mane is 3.60 to net.
6. Saints boast eight goals from their two Capital One Cup games this season, while Liverpool have netted just twice in the competition. Southampton are 3.95 to score in both halves.
5. Liverpool could go four wins in a row in all competitions for the first time since February with a victory at St Mary’s on Wednesday. They are 4.90 to win/win on the HT/FT.
4. Last weekend James Milner scored in a second successive game for the third time in 2015, having last netted back-to-back in 2010. The midfielder is 7.50 to score again.
3. Southampton have lost two games on the bounce and could go three defeats in succession for the first time since a five-game losing streak back in December 2014. They are 2.50 to win this clash.
2. Liverpool have scored first in each of their last four meetings with Southampton and are 1.92 to do so again.
1. Liverpool have conceded just eight goals in 10 games under new manager Jurgen Klopp, while Saints have also let in eight over the same period. This clash is 3.25 to witness -1.5 goals.