Milan have their work cut out as they prepare to host high-flying Atletico Madrid at San Siro. Here's Joe Short with a few vital stats to whet the appetite...
10. AC Milan and Atletico Madrid meet for the first time in Europe on Wednesday. Atletico won five of six games to top Champions League Group G before Christmas and are 2.35 to beat Milan.
9. Seven-time champions Milan qualified second in Group H with a 0-0 draw against Ajax in their final group game. It was only their second goalless draw of the season but another 0-0 is priced at 8.00.
8. Milan have won just one of their last three home games – that victory a 1-0 result against Bologna at the weekend. The Italian giants are 3.20 to win.
7. Milan have scored just once in each of their last four matches at the San Siro. They are 1.30 to net -1.5 goals on Wednesday.
Watch Mario Balotelli's amazing winner against Bologna last week:
6. Atletico’s 3-0 victory over Valladolid last Saturday ended a three-game losing streak – their worst run since February 2011. Madrid are 1.37 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
5. Diego Simeone’s side failed to score during their three-game rut and only one team has scored in each of the last five games involving Atletico. They are are 3.60 to win without conceding.
4. Milan’s record over Spanish clubs in European competition reads W18 D13 L22. Their last victory over a Spanish side, Barcelona, was a 2-0 result in February last year. They are 14.00 to win 2-0 again.
3. Diego Costa is the joint-seventh top scorer in the Champions League this season, with four goals. The Atletico forward is a 2.50 match favourite to score.
2. Madrid midfielder Gabi, meanwhile, committed more fouls (19) than any other player in the group stage bar Celtic’s Georgios Samaras (24). Gabi is 2.60 to get a card.
1. Mario Balotelli is Milan’s top scorer in Europe this season (2). The Italy international has scored four in six games in 2014 and is 5.75 to score first.