10. Liverpool and Basel have met twice before, in the 2002 Champions League group stage. Both games ended in a draw and another tie is available at 3.40.
9. Michael Owen scored a late equaliser in Switzerland the last time these sides met as Liverpool pulled back a 3-0 half-time deficit to draw 3-3. A repeat result is available at 41.00.
8. Liverpool are winless in three games, their worst run since September last year. They are 1.78 to lose/draw on the Double Chance.
7. The Reds have conceded within the last five minutes of play in each of the last four outings (including a 120th-minute, extra-time goal to Middlesbrough). Basel are 3.75 to win the second half.
Watch Liverpool come back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Basel in 2002, although it was not enough to stop the Swiss side qualifying to the second group stage:
6. Basel have won one in four, having started the season with six wins in seven. The Swiss champions are 3.75 to win.
5. Steven Gerrard scored his third goal of the season at the weekend, against Everton. The Liverpool captain boasts 40 goals in 125 European games and is 4.25 to net again.
4. Liverpool beat Ludogorets 2-1 last month in their first Champions League game since 2009. They recorded 23 shots and are 8.50 to win 2-1 in Basel.
3. Mario Balotelli scored his 13th European goal from 41 appearances when he netted the opener against Ludogorets last month. The Italy international is 5.50 to score first.
2. Combined, Basel and Liverpool have played 19 games this season, with all but four of those witnessing both sides scoring. Both sides to score on Wednesday is priced at 1.59.
1. Marco Streller has already scored five goals for Basel this season, although he’s netted just one from his last four outings. The Swiss striker is 15.00 to score twice.
Vote For Bet.Unibet As Best Gambling Blog At The Football Blogging Awards! Click Here