10. Manchester United and Galatasaray have met just four times before; United have one win with three draws against their Turkish opponents and are 1.28 to win for a second time on Wednesday.
9. Two of the three previous draws between the clubs ended 0-0 and another draw can be backed at 5.25 with a goalless tie at 22.00.
8. Galatasaray striker Umut Bulut has scored five goals in four games this season and one for Turkey last week. Bulut is 18.00 to score a brace on Wednesday evening.
7. There have been 10 goals in the previous two Old Trafford games between the two clubs and Wednesday’s fixture is 3.80 to exceed 4.5 goals.
6. All four previous clashes came during the early 1990s in the Champions League. United’s only victory over Galatasaray was a 4-0 home win in December 1994 and Sir Alex Ferguson’s side are 17.00 to repeat that scoreline.
5. Midfielders Roy Keane and David Beckham both scored in that clash and new United midfielder Shinji Kagawa – who has netted three goals in European competition for Borussia Dortmund – is 2.70 to score.
4. Galatasaray striker Milan Baros has played United 10 times for three different Premier League clubs yet has only scored one goal, for Aston Villa. Nevertheless Baros is a 14.00 Galatasaray favourite to score first.
3. There are 13 United players more likely to score first than Baros; including Paul Scholes, who netted at the weekend and is priced at 11.00. The Reds’ favourite to open the scoring is Robin van Persie, at 4.00.
2. United earned eight yellow cards in their six Champions League games last season while Nemanja Vidic saw red in their 2-0 victory over Otelul Galati last October. Vidic is 25.00 to be dismissed again on Wednesday.
1. Both teams kept their first clean sheets of the season this weekend with respective 4-0 victories. United are 12.50 not to score and just 2.00 not to concede.