10. Chelsea have only once been drawn against a team from Israel. They lost 2-0 at Hapoel Tel Aviv in the 2001/02 UEFA Cup second round and drew their home leg 1-1 to exit the competition. Maccabi Tel Aviv are 21.00 to win this clash.
9. Current Maccabi manager Slavisa Jovanovic played for Chelsea in the first leg of that double-header with Hapoel. His side are 9.00 to earn a draw.
8. Maccabi have also once before been drawn against English opponents. They lost 5-1 on aggregate to Stoke in the 2011/12 Europa League group stage and are 1.14 to lose in London.
7. Chelsea were the only unbeaten team in the Champions League last season (W4 D4) but were knocked out on away goals to Paris Saint-Germain. They are 1.50 to win/win on the HT/FT.
6. Striker Diego Costa failed to score in all seven of his Champions League appearances last season. The Brazilian has netted just once this term and is 3.50 to score first.
5. Maccabi defender Tal Ben-Haim returns to Chelsea, where he made two Champions League and 13 Premier League appearances for the Blues in the 2007/08 season. The 33-year-old is 9.50 to score.
4. Meanwhile, Chelsea’s Radamel Falcao has not played a Champions League match since 2010, when his then Porto side lost 5-0 to Arsenal in the last-16 second leg. Falcao is 1.98 to net.
3. Chelsea have lost three of their five games this season, conceding an average 2.4 goals per game. Maccabi are 8.50 to score +1.5 times.
2. Indeed, Maccabi are unbeaten in six (WDWDWD) and have scored exactly one goal in each of their last three outings. They are 39.00 to win 1-0.
1. However, Chelsea have lost just two Champions League home games since September 2013 and are 7.00 to win 3-0.