1. In the first leg of this Champions League quarter-final tie, Chelsea overcame Benfica at the Estadio da Luz winning the game 1-0. The Blues are available at 6.50 to repeat that 1-0 winning scoreline.
2. If they go through, the West London club will have reached the semi-finals of the Champions League three times in the last five competitions.
3. Chelsea are favourites to win the game after ninety minutes at 1.62, and are 1.12 to book a place in the semi-finals in any way.
4. Benfica, who sit second in the Portuguese SuperLiga, can be backed at 5.40 to win the game after ninety minutes at Stamford Bridge, and 6.50 to go through in any way.
5. The loss against Chelsea in the first leg was only Benfica’s second defeat in their last nine games. After trailing 3-2 to Zenit in the last 16 of the Champions League, the Portuguese side managed to overturn that deficit and win the tie 4-3 on aggregate.
6. In the 2008/2009 quarter-finals of the competition, Chelsea beat Liverpool 7-5 on aggregate to win the tie. The match at Stamford Bridge was drawn 4-4, before Chelsea went on to lose to Barcelona in the semis.
7. Wednesday night’s game could have the potential to be a big-scoring affair. Over 4.5 goals are available at 7.25, with unders at 1.07.
8. Salomon Kalou’s solitary goal was enough to give Chelsea an advantage ahead of the second leg. The rejuvenated Ivorian is available at 4.00 to find the net once again.
9. Spanish striker Fernando Torres also found form recently with a well taken strike against Aston Villa on Saturday. The Spanish striker can be backed at 2.90 to bag another goal against Benfica.
10. The Portuguese side don’t exactly lack fire power either. Top scorer Oscar Cardozo is available at 4.00 to bring his season’s tally up to twenty-seven with a goal against Chelsea.