10. Chelsea and Schalke meet for the fifth time in the UEFA Champions League, having clashed before in the 2013/14 and 2007/08 group stages. Chelsea boast a W3 D1 record over the German side and are 1.32 to win.
9. Chelsea beat Schalke 3-0 home and away last season and are yet to concede a goal against this opposition from four outings. They are 8.50 to win 3-0 again.
8. Didier Drogba scored Chelsea’s second on the Blues’ first ever meeting with Schalke — a 2-0 home win in October 2007. The Chelsea striker boasts 48 European goals and is 2.04 to net.
7. Chelsea boast an overall W10 D4 L4 record against German clubs stretching back to 1966, with a 28-13 goal aggregate. The Blues are 2.85 to win both halves.
6. Chelsea have won all four of their games this season, scoring an average 3.75 goals per outing. The Blues are 4.40 to score +3.5 goals.
Watch Chelsea beat Schalke 3-0 away last season:
5. Diego Costa’s hat-trick at Swansea lifts the Spain international’s goal tally to seven in four games. The 25-year-old is 4.10 to score first.
4. Loic Remy also scored on Saturday, a debut strike adding to the 14 he bagged for Newcastle last season. The France international is 4.50 to net last.
3. Schalke are yet to win this season (D1 L3) and fell 4-1 to Borussia Monchengladbach at the weekend. They are 10.00 to win.
2. The German side have scored a single goal in each of their four outings this season. Both teams to score is available at 2.12.
1. Chelsea have averaged 19.8 shots per game in the Premier League this season, more than any other top-flight English club, while Schalke average just 10.3 in the Bundesliga. This game is 4.35 to yield -1.5 goals.