10. Wigan Athletic will become the first team from outside the top division to compete in the Community Shield since West Ham United (1980) when they face Manchester United at Wembley. The Latics are priced at 6.25 to win this season’s curtain-raiser.
9. United have beaten Wigan in 16 of the sides’ previous 17 meetings in all competitions. David Moyes’ side are favourites at 1.10 to provide the new manager with a winning start.
8. Grant Holt scored eight Premier League goals last season for Norwich City. The striker also netted in his Wigan debut at Barnsley last weekend, and is available at 11.00 to open the scoring at Wembley.
7. Only five goals have been scored in the first 45 minutes of the last four Community Shield games. Over 0.5 first half goals can be backed at 1.20, with unders at 3.85.
6. The net has been found 18 times in normal time in the previous four Community Shield clashes. Over 4.5 total goals between Wigan and United is priced at 3.85, with unders at 1.22.
5. One of the two competing teams in five of the last six Community Shield matches have gone on to win the Premier League that year. Manchester United are available at 3.35 to be crowned champions of England this season, while Wigan can be backed at 10.00 to win the Championship.
4. United beat Wigan home and away in the Premier League last season, keeping clean sheets on both occasions. Another clean sheet at Wembley is priced at 2.10.
3. The English champions put eight goals past the Latics last term in two 4-0 victories, and can be backed at 15.00 to repeat that scoreline this time around.
2. Javier Hernandez scored twice at the DW Stadium for the Red Devils on New Year’s Day. The Mexican striker is available at 2.12 to find the net.
1. Robin van Persie also bagged two goals in that game, adding to his 30 goals in all competitions last season. The Dutchman is priced at 2.40 to score the most goals against Wigan.