10. Italy have never beaten Croatia since the latter gained independence, losing 3 and drawing 2 of those games. Cesare Prandelli’s side can change that on Thursday, and are favourites to win at 2.35.
9. Croatia have won their last 4 European Championship group games. Slaven Bilic’s side are available at 3.30 to take all 3 points at the Municipal Stadium in Poznan.
8. The Croats’ first game of the tournament ended in a 3-1 victory over Republic of Ireland. A repeat of that 3-1 winning scoreline for Croatia is available at 30.00.
7. Italy’s first game was against Spain, where the points were shared in a 1-1 draw. A repeat of that 1-1 scoreline between Italy and Croatia is available at 6.25.
6. Antonio Di Natale came on for Mario Balotelli against Spain and bagged a goal to put Italy into the lead. The Udinese striker can be backed at 6.25 to once again score the first goal against Croatia.
5. Croatia’s Mario Mandzukic scored twice against Republic of Ireland last time out. The striker is available at 15.00 to score at least 2 goals on Thursday.
4. Slaven Bilic’s side are the tallest side in the competition, with an average height of 6ft 1in. Striker Nikica Jelavic, who also scored against Republic of Ireland, can be backed at 12.00 to score from a header against Italy.
3. Italy have the smallest player in the competition in their squad. Sebastian Giovinco stands at just 5ft 5in. The midfielder is available at 3.60 to find the net at the Municipal Stadium.
2. The Italians have failed to win their 2nd group game at each of the last 5 major tournaments in which they have competed, losing 1 and drawing 4. A draw against Croatia is available at 3.10.
1. One of those 5 games came against Croatia in the 2002 World Cup. The Croats beat the Azzurri 2-1 in both sides’ 2nd group match of the competition. A repeat of that winning scoreline for Croatia is available at 14.00.