10. Villarreal have never played Liverpool and are winless in their last 10 games against English sides (D6 L4). Liverpool are 1.56 to win/draw this Europa League semi-final first leg on the Double Chance.
9. Liverpool’s record against Spanish sides, meanwhile, reads W14 D10 L10 and have lost their last two encounters with teams from La LIga. Villarreal are 2.55 to win.
8. Villarreal (82) have scored the most goals of all teams in the Europa League since its inception in 2009. They are 4.25 to score in both halves.
7. In fact, Villarreal have only failed to score once in their last 24 European outings. They are 1.71 to bag the opener.
6. Liverpool are unbeaten in Europe this season (W5 D7) and have drawn their last four European away matches. A draw in Spain is priced at 3.25.
5. Villarreal head into this clash winless in three outings (LLD), having previously gone four wins on the bounce. They have scored just once during that winless drought and are 3.00 to lose.
4. Cedric Bakamu (9) is the second highest scorer in the Europa League this season and boasts 45% of Villarreal’s goals. He is 5.40 to score first.
3. Liverpool, meanwhile, are unbeaten in seven games (W4 D3) and have scored in each of their last 14 outings. They are 4.60 to win without conceding.
2. Daniel Sturridge scored his third successive goal and 11th of the season in Liverpool’s 2-2 draw with Newcastle last weekend. England international Sturridge is 3.10 to net again.
1. Adam Lallana also netted for the Reds on Saturday and is joint-top scorer for Jurgen Klopp’s men in Europe this season. He, Divock Origi and Philippe Coutinho each boast two Europa League goals and Lallana is 31.00 to bag a double in Spain.