10. Brighton and Hove Albion again face Newcastle in the FA Cup after the pair met in the fourth round of last year’s competition. The home side ran out 1-0 victors that day and are 10.00 to win by the same score.
9. Each side has won seven of the previous 17 clashes between the two, in a fixture that stretches back to 1930. Another draw on Saturday is priced at 3.35.
8. Newcastle haven’t beaten Brighton in their past five attempts, since a 2-0 home victory in March 1990 in the old Division Two. The Magpies are 2.55 to win at the AMEX Community Stadium.
7. This is the sixth time these sides have met in the FA Cup. Brighton won three of those matches and are 2.60 to do so again.
6. Albion have struggled over the winter period, having won just one game in six. They beat Ipswich 3-0 away from home and are 25.00 to repeat that scoreline on Saturday.
5. Newcastle, meanwhile, have lost 10 of 13 games since early November and haven’t won away from home all season. Their fans have a 700-mile round trip to make on Saturday and a price of 1.84 is available for a United win Draw No Bet.
4. The Magpies failed to score against Brighton in January last year, despite having 14 shots at goal over the game. They are 1.22 to score this time.
3. Albion striker Craig Mackail-Smith has 11 goals from 49 shots in 22 appearances this season. His side are 3.60 to score in both halves on Saturday.
2. United last crashed out of the FA Cup third round two years ago, losing 3-1 to Stevenage and the year before that 2-0 to Peterborough. Brighton are 1.86 Draw No Bet.
1. Newcastle’s last win was a 1-0 victory over QPR before Christmas. In their last three games they have conceded 12 and Saturday’s fixture is 5.75 to exceed 4.5 goals.