Southampton have failed to beat Sunderland in three attempts this season and haven't won at the Stadium of Light since 2003. Joe Short has all the other vital match stats...
10. Sunderland and Southampton have already met three times this season, the Black Cats recording one win and two draws. Sunderland are 3.25 to win this FA Cup tie.
9. Sunderland beat the Saints 2-1 in the Capital One Cup back in November. Seb Larsson netted a late winner – his only goal this term for the Black Cats – and a repeat scoreline is available at 12.50.
8. Southampton have scored in each of their last seven visits to the Stadium of Light, yet have claimed just one win in this time. A draw is priced at 3.34.
Watch the Saints’ 2-0 win over Yeovil in the FA Cup fourth round:
7. Their last win at Sunderland was a 1-0 result in January 2003. James Beattie scored a second half winner and Southampton are 8.00 to repeat that scoreline.
6. Sunderland have scored in each of their last four home games against the Saints and are priced at 1.40 to do so again.
5. Gus Poyet’s men have won three of their last four games (W3 L1) and are 1.65 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
Watch Sunderland’s 1-0 win over Kidderminster in the FA Cup fourth round:
4. Sunderland have won their last two home games 1-0, having previously not kept a clean sheet at the Stadium of Light since 21 December. Another 1-0 is priced at 9.50.
3. Southampton’s 1-0 win at Hull City on Tuesday night was their second successive away victory. They have not strung together three away wins since the start of the season but are 2.20 to win on Saturday.
2. Jose Fonte’s second-half winner on Wednesday was only his third goal for Southampton in 26 appearances this season, yet his second in three games. Fonte is 11.00 to score again.
1. These teams have met nine times in FA Cup competition, Sunderland boasting a W5 D2 L2 record. This clash is 4.60 to finish Draw/Draw on the HT/FT.