10. England boast a W13 D5 L3 record over Switzerland from 21 previous meetings. The Three Lions are 2.75 to win once again in Basel.
9. These sides last met during Euro 2012 qualifying, where England beat the Swiss 3-1 in September 2010. It was their third win in four over Switzerland and a repeat score is priced at 25.00.
8. Wayne Rooney netted the opener that night in Basel. The captain is now England’s fourth highest scorer of all time, with 41 goals, and is 7.00 to score first.
7. Switzerland last beat England 33 years ago during 1982 World Cup qualifying, a 2-1 result that almost cost the Three Lions a place at Spain ’82. The Swiss are 2.65 to win.
6. Roy Hodgson’s men ended a five-game winless streak with victory over Norway on Wednesday night. They are 7.00 to win 1-0 again.
5. Switzerland scored seven goals at the World Cup in Brazil — compared to England’s two — and made the last-16 stage. They are 3.20 to score +1.5 goals in Basel.
Watch England beat Switzerland 3-1 in 2010:
4. The Swiss have conceded first in three of their last four outings, however, and are 1.81 to do so again.
3. England scored 14 more goals than Switzerland in World Cup 2014 qualifying (31-17) and conceded just four goals from their 10 games. England are 9.50 to win both halves.
2. Just two of England’s 14 shots hit the target against Norway last Wednesday, including Wayne Rooney’s successful penalty. Roy Hodgson’s men are 2.65 not to score.
1. Xherdan Shaqiri scored three goals for Switzerland at the World Cup — a hat-trick against Honduras in the group stage. The Bayern Munich player is 21.00 to score twice.