With the news that Mario Balotelli is on the verge of a move to Liverpool, we've put together a list of why he'd be a perfect signing for the Reds. Enjoy our top 23 Balotelli moments...
1. He will thrive under Rodgers’ guidance
Balotelli needs an arm around his shoulder. He needs a moral guardian to keep him on the straight and narrow (as best he can.) Step forward Brendan Rodgers, who has a proven track record in refocussing young players and getting the best out of them on the pitch. Can Rodgers stop Mario setting fire to the Albert Dock at 1am on a Wednesday morning? Probably not. But when it comes to his job, you’re unlikely to have seen a more motivated and concentrated Mario.
2. He can accompany Mamadou Sakho...
…to the barbers.
3. He can help out his new team mates
...Especially those who require a Mario Balotelli swap to complete the Panini World Cup sticker book.
4. He can boost morale
...By sharing his collection of Nintendo soft toys.
5. He’s well-read; a veritable book-worm…
6. His Premier League record is superb
To all those doubters wondering if he can cut it on these shores, consider this: Balotelli scored 20 goals in 30 Premier League starts for Manchester City. That’s a record to rival any of the top strikers in any of the world’s top leagues.
7. He has perspective…
8. He’s already annoyed Liverpool’s fiercest rivals..
9. In fact they already can’t stand him…
10. He’s a perfect fit for the Liverpool system
In terms of his profile as a footballer, Balotelli suits the way Liverpool play. He will get involved in link-up play when required, but can also be devastating with his movement in behind. He is also comfortable dropping deep or flexing his muscles in wider areas. If he can learn to dovetail his runs with those of Daniel Sturridge, then Mario’s attributes and instincts are set to prosper within Brendan Rodgers’s interchangeable formation.
READ: Former Arsenal midfielder Adrian Clarke on why Balotelli to Liverpool is a BAD move
READ: Transfer News Today: Balotelli on verge of shock Reds move
11. He’s approachable..
12. He scores penalties…
13. He scores free-kicks…
14. He scores with his head…
15. He scores with his shoulder…
16. He scores from just about anywhere!
17. He likes to keep a low profile.
18. He's not impressed by reputations!
19. He has the eye of the tiger
Check out Mario Balotelli's odds for 2014/15 Premier League top goalscorer
20. His girlfriend will also visit Anfield, which can only be a good thing...
21. He will thrive on Kop support
If there’s one soul in football that just wants to be loved, then it’s Mario. Thankfully, he’s joining a club whose supporters will go the extra yard to make him feel welcome. The Kop has worshipped some legendary forwards in its time, among them Messrs Hunt, Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres and Suarez. With the tools at his disposal, Super Mario could well be the next to etch his name into Anfield folklore.
22. He'll keep the Liverpool kit man busy. Or should that be 'bibby'?
23. He survived a Luis Suarez bite.
Bet On Balotelli to score the winner against Man City this Monday