10. Manchester City have won seven of their last eight league meetings with Aston Villa. The visitors are favourites to win at 1.45.
9. Villa won one of those eight matches, a 3-2 victory in September 2013. The hosts are 76.00 to win 3-2.
8. That game was the only occasion the Villains have scored against City in the league in their last four attempts at Villa Park. Manuel Pellegrini’s side are 2.55 to win without conceding a goal.
7. Remi Garde will take charge of his first match as Villa boss, becoming the sixth Frenchman to manage in the Premier League. Villa can be backed at 7.50 to win.
6. Garde remained unbeaten in his first six league games as manager of French side Lyon, winning four and drawing two. Villa are 2.90 to either win or draw in a Double Chance bet.
5. There has been just one draw in the last 14 league clashes between the clubs (1-1 in October 2009). A share of the points is priced at 4.70.
4. Just one of the previous seven permanent Aston Villa managers has won their opening league game in charge (Gerard Houllier, 2010). Manchester City are 1.11 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
3. Villa lost eight successive top flight matches between March and May in 1963, ending that run with a 3-1 victory over City. The hosts are 76.00 to end their current run of seven straight defeats with a 3-1 win.
2. Kevin De Bruyne has contributed to seven goals in seven league appearances for City, scoring three and assisting four. The Belgian is 6.00 to open the scoring.
1. Yaya Toure has scored three goals in his last four league games against Villa. He is 15.00 to score at least twice.