10. Manchester United have won 32 Premier League games against Aston Villa, a record number of wins for any team against a single opponent. The visitors are favourites to win at 1.65.
9. Only twice before have Aston Villa won their opening two matches of a Premier League season, in 1995 and 1999. They can be backed at 6.00 to win.
8. United have lost once in their last 39 league meetings with Villa. They are 1.15 to either win or draw in a Double Chance bet.
7. That defeat came in 2009 when Villa won 1-0 at Old Trafford. Another 1-0 win for the Villans is priced at 15.00.
6. The Red Devils haven’t won their opening two Premier League matches of a season since 2011-12. Villa are 2.35 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
5. Aston Villa haven’t beaten Manchester United at home in the Premier League since winning 3-1 in the 1995-96 campaign, a repeat of which is available at 66.00.
4. This will be just the second the time the sides have met in the top flight on a Friday. United won 2-1 at Old Trafford on Boxing Day in 1958; an identical scoreline can be backed at 9.00.
3. Louis van Gaal’s side managed only one shot on goal against Tottenham last weekend, fewer than any other top flight side in the opening round of fixtures. Villa are 4.80 to keep a clean sheet.
2. Rudy Gestede came off the bench to score his side’s winner at Bournemouth last week - Villa went the whole of the previous campaign without a goal by a substitute. Gestede is 9.00 to open the scoring.
1. Only Frank Lampard has scored as many Premier League goals as Wayne Rooney against Aston Villa (13). The striker is 8.00 to score at least twice.