10. Since Newcastle’s return to the Premier League in 2010, the Magpies boast a W5 D2 L1 record over Aston Villa. Alan Pardew’s men are 2.75 to win on Saturday.
9. Newcastle have won each of the last three meetings between these two sides, all three by a single goal. They are 5.80 to win with a 0-1 handicap.
8. Villa have lost their last two home ties to Newcastle 2-1, having previously not lost at Villa Park to the Magpies since February 2006. Newcastle are 10.50 to secure another 2-1 result.
7. Villa have scored exactly one goal in each of their last five home games against Newcastle. They are 8.00 to win 1-0.
6. Villa recorded just one shot on target the last time these sides met at Villa Park, in September 2013. They are 3.25 not to score.
5. Paul Lambert’s men won their opening Premier League game last weekend, a 1-0 away result in Stoke. It was Villa’s first clean sheet since April and they are 4.10 to win without conceding this weekend.
Watch this classic Villa v Newcastle clash from September 1996:
4. Newcastle recorded 12 shots during their 2-0 defeat to Manchester City last Sunday, yet failed to hit the target with any of them. They are 2.95 not to score at Villa Park.
3. New Magpies striker Emmanuel Rivière recorded three shots against City — missing the target with all three — and finished the game with a 70% pass completion. The Frenchman is 6.50 to score first.
2. Both Villa and Newcastle saw 30% of their attacks go through the middle of the pitch last season, the joint-second highest in the Premier League. Magpies central midfielder Siem de Jong is 4.60 to score.
1. Newcastle have scored first in four of their last five outings with Villa. The Magpies are 1.84 to repeat that feat.