10. Hull City and Newcastle United shared a 2-2 draw in this reverse Premier League fixture back in September. It was their third draw in their last six meetings and another is priced at 3.25.
9. Papiss Cisse scored twice for Newcastle that day but misses this tie due to international commitments. Cisse has scored 35% of Newcastle’s league goals this season (9/26) and the Magpies have lost 43% of games when he hasn’t played. Newcastle are 2.80 not to score.
8. The home side has not won in a game between Hull and Newcastle since October 1997, when the Magpies won 2-0 in the League Cup. Since then, there have been four away wins and three draws. Newcastle are 2.75 to win on the road.
7. Hull have lost three games on the bounce for the second time this season and boast just two wins in 16. They are 1.49 to lose/draw to the Magpies.
6. However, Newcastle are also on a three-game losing streak and have won just one in nine. Hull are 2.60 to win.
5. Newcastle have conceded first in eight of their last nine outings. They are 1.84 to let in the opener on Humberside.
4. Yoann Gouffran’s strike against Southampton last weekend was the midfielder’s first goal for the club since December 2013. The Frenchman averages exactly one shot per game in the league and is 6.10 to net.
3. Hull have failed to score in seven of their last nine games and have gone 317 minutes without finding the net. They are 3.00 not to score.
2. Hull are missing their top three league goalscorers for this tie — Nikica Jelavic, Mohamed Diame and Abel Hernandez. Together they have scored 13 of Hull’s 19 league goals. Ahmed Elmohamedy (1) is 11.00 to score.
1. Despite both sides’ lack of goals, they have shared just two 0-0 draws from 23 previous meetings. Both teams to score is priced at 1.85.