10. Southampton have won just two of their previous seven opening day Premier League fixtures. Liverpool are favourites to win at 1.32.
9. The Merseysiders’ victory over Stoke City in last season’s opener was their first opening day victory in five seasons. Southampton can be backed at 10.00 to win.
8. Liverpool won their first three games of the previous campaign by a 1-0 scoreline. They are priced at 7.00 to record another 1-0 win.
7. Last season’s corresponding fixture saw the Saints win 1-0 at Anfield, a repeat of which is available at 22.00.
6. Dejan Lovren scored the winning goal for Southampton. The defender, who now plays for Liverpool, is 9.00 to score at any time against his former club.
Lovren scoring against Borussia Dortmund in a pre-season friendly.
5. Brendan Rodgers’ side won 3-0 at St. Mary’s in last season’s reverse fixture. Another 3-0 Liverpool win can be backed at 9.00.
4. Steven Gerrard scored 10 Premier League penalties last season, moving into third place in the division’s all-time list. The Reds are 4.50 to net a spot-kick.
3. Dusan Tadic scored 16 league goals for FC Twente last term. Saints’ new signing is 6.00 to score at any time.
2. Daniel Sturridge won Liverpool 20 points with his goals last season. The England striker is 4.75 to score at least twice.
1. Rickie Lambert netted 28 goals in two Premier League seasons for Southampton before moving to Liverpool. He is 4.80 to open the scoring.