1. Newcastle have only won once against the rest of the top seven so far this season. One of their four defeats against the teams around them was a 3-1 defeat at Anfield.
2. Liverpool have won six of their last seven Premier League games at St James' Park and are favourites at 2.35 to notch up another victory this time around.
3. However, Newcastle haven’t lost at home for six league games, picking up 14 points from a possible 18 in the process.
4. The Magpies sit one place and 8 points ahead of Liverpool in the league table. They are available at 3.00 to increase that gap to 11 points this weekend.
5. No top half team has lost as many away league games as Liverpool this season. The Reds have lost five of their six away games in 2012.
6. In last season’s corresponding fixture, Andy Carroll scored for Newcastle in a 3-1 win. The striker is available at 3.35 to score against his old club for Liverpool on Sunday.
7. Alternatively, Dirk Kuyt is available at 3.90 to bag a goal. The Dutchman has found the net five times in his last seven appearances against Newcastle.
8. Liverpool have conceded eight goals in their last five league games, whereas Newcastle have let in six in that time.
9. The last eight Premier League meetings between the teams have all produced a total of at least three goals. Over 2.5 goals can be backed at 1.90, whereas unders are at 1.85.
10. Papiss Cisse has scored five goals in his seven games for Newcastle so far, including two strikes at West Brom last weekend. The Senegalese forward is available at 2.85 to score on Sunday.