10. Liverpool boast a W74 D38 L42 record over Newcastle in the league – their rivalry stretching back to November 1893. The Reds are 1.82 to win again.
9. Brendan Rogers’ men beat Newcastle 6-0 in this fixture last season, Daniel Sturridge netting a six-minute double. Liverpool are 2.80 to win both halves.
8. Newcastle have won two of their last three home encounters with Liverpool, however, and are 4.25 to win.
Watch Liverpool and Newcastle’s 4-3 classic from April 1996:
7. Daniel Sturridge is the Premier League’s top scorer this season with six goals and has scored in all but three of his 11 games for club and country this season. The striker is 2.20 to score.
6. Between them, these two sides have drawn just one of 13 games. A home/away win on the Double Chance is priced at 1.26.
5. Loic Remy has scored five in three for Newcastle – he scored six in 14 appearances for QPR last season. The Frenchman is 3.00 to score.
4. Luis Suarez, meanwhile, has three in three for Liverpool this season, including a double when he was last in the North East (against Sunderland in September). The Uruguayan is 4.20 to net first.
3. 57% of Newcastle’s goals have come from outside the box this season. Hatem Ben Arfa is 4.40 to score on Saturday.
2. Newcastle average 16.1 shots per game, the third highest in the Premier League. They are 3.00 to score two or more against Liverpool.
1. Steven Gerrard scored his first Liverpool goal of the campaign against Crystal Palace two weeks ago and netted for England in midweek. The midfielder is 3.95 to score at any time.