10. Manchester City have won four of their last five Premier League openers. The visitors are favourites to win at 1.65.
9. Manuel Pellegrini’s side beat Newcastle United 4-0 at the Etihad on last season’s opening weekend. A repeat of that scoreline is priced at 20.00.
8. The Magpies have won just one their previous five opening league games. They can be backed at 5.25 to win.
7. Newcastle drew two of those five games, whereas City have drawn one of their last five openers. A share of the points is available at 4.10.
6. Last seasons’ corresponding fixture saw City record a 2-0 away win, a repeat of which is priced at 9.00.
5. Alan Pardew’s have failed to find the net in their last three league encounters with Manchester City. A clean sheet for the visitors is available at 2.55.
4. City only won two of their opening eight away matches last term. Newcastle are 2.30 to either win or draw on the Double Chance.
3. Siem De Jong scored 57 goals in 168 appearances for former club Ajax. The United man is 5.60 to score at any time on his debut.
2. Frank Lampard has scored as many Premier League goals as Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Yaya Toure, David Silva and Vincent Kompany combined (171). He is 8.50 to open the scoring for his new club.
1. Edin Dzeko scored 26 goals in all competitions last season. He is 2.28 to find the net at any time.