10. Manchester United have won their last three Premier League meetings with Newcastle United at St James’ Park. The visitors are favourites to win at 1.75.
9. Newcastle failed to score a goal in any of those three games. Manchester United are 2.70 to win without conceding a goal.
8. Prior to that run, Newcastle beat United 3-0 at home in January 2012, a repeat of which is priced at 81.00.
7. That victory was Newcastle’s only league win against Manchester United in 12 home league games, drawing two and losing nine. Steve McClaren’s side can be backed at 5.25 to win.
6. The Red Devils have lost only one of their last seven league matches against Newcastle, winning five and drawing one. They are 1.20 to either win or draw in a Double Chance bet.
5. The exception in that run was a 1-0 Newcastle win at Old Trafford in December 2013. The Magpies are 14.00 to win 1-0.
4. Manchester United have scored 85 Premier League goals against Newcastle; only Liverpool (86) have netted more. Louis van Gaal’s side are 9.00 to score over 3.5 goals.
3. Newcastle have lost their last three league games by a 1-0 scoreline. Manchester United are 6.30 to win 1-0, just like they did in last season’s corresponding fixture.
2. Wayne Rooney could find the net in successive Premier League matches for the first time since November 2014. The striker is 2.80 to score at any time.
1. Rooney has scored 12 Premier League goals against Newcastle; only Michael Owen (13) has more. The England captain is 6.00 to open the scoring.