10. Southampton beat Newcastle 4-0 in this reverse fixture back in September, their second successive 4-0 result over the Magpies. Saints are 13.00 to net +3.5 goals.
9. Three of the last four games between these two sides have witnessed +3.5 goals and the same haul is priced at 3.85 this Saturday.
8. Saints have not won any of their last 11 trips to Newcastle, however. The Magpies boast a W9 D2 record since March 1997 and are 3.35 to win again.
7. This fixture last season finished 1-1, despite 18 shots on goal and 14 corners recorded between the two sides. Another draw is available at 3.35
Watch Matt Le Tissier score the winner as Saints beat Newcastle 1-0 at St James’ Park in 1997:
6. Newcastle have lost their last two games on the bounce and have not scored over that period — despite netting six goals in their previous two outings. Saints are 3.60 to win without conceding.
5. The Magpies have won just one game in eight and last went three games without scoring in April last year. They are 2.25 to lose.
4. Southampton have scored exactly one goal in four of their last five matches and are unbeaten in seven. They are 7.00 to win both halves.
3. Shane Long scored only his fourth goal of the season as Saints beat Ipswich in the FA Cup on Wednesday — his first strike since November. Long is 3.60 to net again.
2. Papiss Cisse has scored 36% of Newcastle’s Premier League goals this season (9/25) but misses this clash due to Africa Cup of Nations duty. The Magpies are 2.70 not to score in Cisse’s absence.
1. Newcastle’s second top scorer in the league, Ayoze Perez, boasts five goals for the season but has netted just twice from his past 11 outings. Perez is 7.00 to score first.