10. Sunderland have won their last six top flight meetings with Newcastle United. The visitors can be backed at 3.55 to win.
9. Sam Allardyce’s side won this season’s reverse fixture 3-0 at the Stadium of Light, a repeat of which is priced at 36.00.
8. Sunderland’s three goals in that game were their only shots on target. They are 1.74 to either win or draw in a Double Chance bet.
7. The Black Cats have beaten Newcastle nine times, which is more than they’ve beaten any other Premier League opponent. They are 5.75 to win without conceding a goal.
6. Rafa Benitez has won five of his six opening home matches at his former clubs, drawing the other. Newcastle are favourites to win at 2.15.
5. Sunderland have lost 15 of their last 26 away league games, drawing eight and winning three. Newcastle are 1.32 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
4. The Magpies have scored just once in 627 minutes against their fiercest rivals. A Sunderland clean sheet is available at 3.60.
3. Rafa Benitez has only beaten David Moyes (10) more times than he has beaten Sam Allardyce (7) in the Premier League. A share of the points is priced at 3.40.
2. Fabio Borini has scored in both the Tyne-Wear league derbies he has featured in. The striker is 4.60 to find the net at any time.
1. Jermain Defoe has scored seven times in his last eight away league appearances. He is 6.40 to open the scoring.