10. Aston Villa and Manchester United meet for the 179th time on Saturday afternoon, with Villa just one win away from 50 victories against their old foes. Another Villa win is priced at 6.35.
9. However, United have won the last three clashes against Villa and 91 in total. They are favourites to take the points this weekend, at 1.53.
8. Wayne Rooney scored a brace during United’s 4-0 win over Villa back in April, the last time the two clubs met. Another 4-0 United scoreline is priced at 24.00.
7. Three of the last four ties between the two sides at Villa Park have ended in a draw, with United taking the most recent match 1-0. A draw can be backed at 4.00, with United Draw no Bet at 1.16.
6. Villa haven’t beaten United at home in the league since August 1995, when Ian Taylor opened the scoring in a 3-1 victory. Paul Lambert’s side are 2.80 to score the first goal on Saturday, with a repeat 3-1 result at 40.00.
5. Sir Alex Ferguson’s side head into the tie having beaten Braga 3-1 away from home in midweek. All three United goals came in the last 10 minutes yet the Red Devils are 2.25 to net in both halves on Saturday.
4. Villa won just their second Premier League game of the season last weekend, beating Sunderland 1-0 thanks to a second-half goal from Gabriel Agbonlahor. Saturday’s HT/FT odds on Draw/Villa is priced at 14.00.
3. Of the 14 Premier League goals United have conceded this season, six have come in the first 15 minutes after half time. Villa are 5.75 to net in both halves.
2. The Premier League boasts an average of 2.84 goals per match this season, yet Villa’s games have only witnessed a 2.2 average. Saturday’s clash is 2.20 to stay under 2.5 goals.
1. Ryan Giggs’ first ever match against Aston Villa was a 1-0 away defeat on 7 November 1992 – almost exactly two decades ago. Dalian Atkinson scored a 12th-minute goal for Villa that day and they are 7.50 to be leading 1-0 at half time once again.