10. Aston Villa and Sunderland meet for their 162nd league clash on Monday evening, the home side boasting a 67-53 win-loss record. Villa are 2.20 to win again.
9. Paul Lambert’s men beat Sunderland 1-0 in the reverse fixture in November, their first victory over the Black Cats in five games. A repeat 1-0 scoreline is available at 8.00.
8. Gabriel Agbonlahor netted the only goal that day, one of nine he’s scored this campaign. The attacker has three goals in his last five outings and is 3.20 to score again.
7. Sunderland haven’t lost at Villa Park in their last three outings (D,W,D) and are 1.68 to win/draw in the Double Chance market.
6. This fixture finished 0-0 last season, ending Sunderland’s five-game streak of scoring at Villa Park. The Black Cats are 1.38 to net at any time.
5. Sunderland ended a run of four successive away defeats with their 3-0 victory at Newcastle a fortnight back and are priced at 3.35 to win on Monday night.
4. Villa have the second-worst goals conceded average in the Premier League (1.85 per game) while Sunderland boast a +20 goal difference advantage over Paul Lambert’s men. Villa are 4.90 to concede in both halves.
3. Both sides have created an average of 10.18 goalscoring chances per game this season, with just three other clubs averaging fewer attempts. A draw on Monday is priced at 3.30.
2. Centre-back Ciaran Clark has made 328 defensive clearances for Villa in the league, at 11.3 per game. The home side are 3.35 to win without conceding.
1. Stephane Sessegnon has been fouled more times than any other Premier League player this season (88 times in 34 appearances). The Sunderland forward is 9.50 to score first on Monday.