10. Manchester United face Everton for the first time since they drew 4-4 at Old Trafford last April, a game that opened the door for rivals Manchester City to win the Premier league title. Another draw can be backed at 3.60.
9. Everton have beaten United on 62 of their 184 previous meetings, a win rate of over 33%. The Toffees are priced at 4.00 to make it 63 wins.
8. Meanwhile United, who have beaten their north-west foes 80 times over a 120-year rivalry, are 1.90 to get the season underway with a victory.
7. Recent games between the two sides have been notorious for their high goal count, with four of the last six matches exceeding 2.5 goals. Over 2.5 goals can be backed at 1.92, with unders at 1.82.
6. Wayne Rooney has played against Everton 13 times since his move to Old Trafford in August 2004, scoring just four goals against his former club. The 26-year-old is 2.40 to net again on Monday evening.
5. Rooney’s new strike partner, Robin van Persie, scored one of the goals of last season against Everton, a scintillating left-footed volley at the Emirates Stadium. RVP is favourite to score first on his debut at 5.25, and 2.40 to net at any time.
4. Everton have been quiet in the transfer market this summer and will be relying on last season’s acquisition Nikica Jelavic, who scored nine goals in 13 appearances last term. The Croat is fifth favourite to score first on Monday, at 7.75.
3. There has not been a red card brandished between the two sides for 15 games, since United’s Gary Neville and Paul Scholes saw red at Goodison Park in April 2005. Odds of 4.50 are availble on there being another dismissal, with no red at 1.16.
2. United scored 55.1% of their goals in the second half last season, with 18 coming in the last 15 minutes of games. Sir Alex Ferguson’s side are 3.00 to score in both halves.
1. Everton held half-time leads nine times last season. They are priced at 6.25 to win both halves on Monday night, and at 16.00 to lead at half time but draw after 90 minutes.