10. Manchester City haven’t lost to Newcastle since September 2005 and are unbeaten at home against the Magpies in almost 13 years. City are 1.06 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
9. City have done the double over Newcastle in each of the past three seasons, with an aggregate score of 17-4 in six games. City are 1.30 to win.
8. Michael Owen scored the only goal when Newcastle last beat City, a 1-0 result at St James’ Park. Current striker Papiss Cisse, who scored 13 in all competitions last term, is 4.40 to net.
7. City beat Newcastle 4-0 in this fixture last season, their first clean sheet at home to the Magpies in five games. Manuel Pellegrini’s men are 1.92 to win without conceding.
6. Departed striker Carlos Tevez contributed 22% of City’s home goals last season (nine of 41 scored). New forward Stevan Jovetic is priced at 2.04 to net this Monday.
5. Newcastle have won just one of their last five opening games (W1 D3 L1). Alan Pardew’s men are 10.00 to beat Man City.
4. However, over the past ten seasons they’ve drawn their opening fixture six times. Another draw on Monday is priced at 5.25.
3. Hatem Ben Arfa and Yoan Gouffran started just three games together last season (W1 D1 L1), with both scoring against QPR (see below). Gouffran is 4.90 to score against City, Ben Arfa at 5.50.
2. Sylvain Marveaux provided more league assists than any other Newcastle player last term (four) and scored one goal. The midfielder is 15.00 to score first.
1. New City signing Alvaro Negredo scored 25 goals for Sevilla last season, 11 more than his previous campaign. The Spaniard cost City £20m and is 4.60 to score the opener.