10. Manchester City won their last six games of the 2011/12 Premier League campaign. Roberto Mancini’s side are available at 1.17 to overcome Southampton on Sunday.
9. Southampton have only lost one of their last five Premier League visits to Manchester City. The Saints won three of those games, and can be backed at 18.00 to win this time around.
8. City only drew one home game last season, whereas Nigel Adkins’ side drew six times away from home. A share of the points at Eastlands is available at 7.00.
7. The last time City began a season with a home defeat was in 1999, when they lost 1-0 to Wolves in the second tier. A repeat of that losing scoreline on Sunday can be backed at 36.00.
6. The two sides last met in the top-flight back in 2005, when City narrowly took the points with a 2-1 victory. A repeat of that winning scoreline for City is available at 8.25.
5. Sergio Aguero scored 30 goals for City in all competitions last term. The Argentinean striker is available at 2.75 to score the most goals in Sunday’s game.
4. Aguero’s fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez managed to get himself on the scoresheet in last weekend’s Community Shield game against Chelsea. The striker is available at 4.40 to score the first goal against Southampton.
3. Southampton’s top scorer last season was Rickie Lambert, who found the net thirty-one times in all competitions. The Englishman can be backed at 5.75 to bag a goal on Sunday.
2. Saints’ new-boy Jay Rodriguez scored 21 goals for Burnley last term. The 23-year-old striker is available at 20.00 to score the last goal at Eastlands.
1. City have began the season with a clean sheet in four of their last five Premier League campaigns. Mancini’s side are available at 1.80 to beat Southampton without conceding a goal.