10. Newcastle United have never lost at home to Wigan Athletic in seven league or cup meetings, and Wigan have lost three of their last four matches. The Magpies are favourites to win at 2.00.
9. However, Alan Pardew’s side have lost their last four games, and have only won one of the nine league matches since their manager signed a new long-term contract. Wigan can be backed at 3.70 to win at St. James’s Park.
8. Wigan have managed to take a point from Tyneside twice in their last three visits. A share of the spoils tonight is available at 3.40.
7. Cheik Tiote has already been sent off once this season - against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. The Newcastle midfielder is priced at 20.00 to be given his marching orders again tonight.
6. The Magpies have only scored seven goals in seven games at home in the Premier League so far this season. Demba Ba has four of those goals, and is available at 5.50 to open the scoring against Wigan.
5. The only other home goal scorers for Newcastle have also been French speakers – Hatem Ben Arfa and Papiss Cisse. Ben Arfa is out injured, but Cisse is available at 2.50 to find the net at any time.
4. Roberto Martinez’s side have conceded nine goals in their last four games. Newcastle are priced at 3.35 to win without conceding a goal.
3. Latics midfielder Jordi Gomez bagged a hat-trick against Reading last weekend. The Spaniard is available at 25.00 to score at least two goals at St. James’s Park.
2. Gomez is Wigan’s top scorer in all competitions this season with five goals. One behind him is summer signing Arouna Kone. The Ivorian striker is priced at 1.25 not to score tonight.
1. There have been six 1-0 wins in the last 12 meetings between the sides, with both teams winning 1-0 three times each. A 1-0 win for Newcastle is priced at 8.25, whereas the same scoreline for Wigan can be backed at 12.50.