10. Reading and Manchester United face each other for just the 17th time on Saturday evening, with the Old Trafford club boasting an 8-1 win-loss record over their opponents. A United win is priced at 1.40.
9. Reading’s only victory over United was an FA Cup replay in January 1927. The Royals won 2-1 and are 24.00 to repeat that scoreline.
8. The clubs last met in January 2008, when United travelled to the Madejski and netted two second-half goals to take the game 2-0. The same result on Saturday is priced at 8.50.
7. Wayne Rooney scored a 77th-minute opener that day, one of 18 he netted for United during the 2007/08 season. Rooney has just three for United this year yet is 4.75 to score first.
6. Reading won their first game of the season last time out at the Madejski, overcoming Everton 2-1. It was the Royals’ first home league victory since April and they are 8.25 to be victorious on Saturday.
5. United have drawn just one of their last 22 Premier League away games and are yet to draw this season in the league. Sir Alex Ferguson’s side are 1.10 to win Draw no Bet.
4. 78% of the goals Reading have conceded in the league have come in the second half, while United have staged nine comebacks in all competitions this term. A HT/FT bet of Reading/United is available at 20.00.
3. United are averaging two goals per away game this season and put three past Aston Villa the last time they were on the road. They are 2.00 to net in both halves.
2. Pavel Pogrebnyak has five goals to his name this season yet hasn’t scored in the league since Reading’s 2-2 draw with Swansea in October. The striker is 12.50 to net first and 4.00 to score at any time.
1. United striker Robin van Persie is the favourite the score first at 4.25, having netted 12 goals in 19 games already this season. Van Persie has just one in four, however, and is 1.90 not to score.