10. Southampton face Arsenal for the 82nd time on Tuesday evening knowing they haven’t beaten the Gunners since November 2002. The Saints are 4.85 to win.
9. Arsenal, meanwhile, boast a 43-16 win-loss record over their Premier League opponents and beat Southampton 6-1 during the reverse fixture in September. They are 1.70 to again claim maximum points.
8. Gervinho scored for Arsenal that day and went on to score five in five games in the autumn. However, he hasn’t scored in his past 11 appearances and is 7.00 to net first on Tuesday.
7. The Saints let a two-goal lead slip against Stoke at the weekend, condemning Nigel Adkins’ side to a fourth league draw when being in a winning position. This fixture is 3.75 to end level.
6. Arsenal’s past three league fixtures have averaged six goals a game. Ten of the goals came in their clash with Newcastle at the weekend and Tuesday’s game is 4.50 to exceed 4.5 goals.
5. Southampton’s Ricky Lambert has eight league goals this season: double the second-highest scorer at the club (Jason Puncheon, four). Lambert is 3.25 to score against Arsenal.
4. The Saints have won just one of four previous clashes with Arsenal at St Mary’s Stadium. James Beattie scored twice and Agustin Delgado bagged a 67th-minute winner as Southampton ran out 3-2 victors in November 2002. The same result this time is priced at 34.00.
3. Southampton also beat Arsenal 3-2 in their last ever game at The Dell, in May 2001. They were down at half time before Matt Le Tissier scored a last-minute winner. Another HT/FT bet of Arsenal/Southampton is available at 42.00.
2. Arsenal haven’t lost away in four league fixtures, since going down to Manchester United in November. They are 1.25 to win Draw No Bet.
1. Gunners striker Theo Walcott scored a hat-trick at the weekend, his 14th goal of the season and tenth in ten games. The England international is 6.00 to net first on Tuesday.