10) If Man City slip up against QPR, Sir Alex Ferguson’s side can claim the Premier League title on Sunday. Of the 134 times Man United have faced Sunderland, they have won 57. United are 1.45 to win on Sunday, and 6.50 to take the title.
9) A Wes Brown own goal in first-half stoppage time was all that separated the two sides when they met earlier this season. United are 1.85 to be winning at half time, and 7.75 to take the game 1-0 again.
8) The first time they met United in March 1893, Sunderland came out 5-0 away victors. In the reverse fixture that season, Sunderland won 6-0. A modest 4-0 home win on Sunday can be backed at 250.00.
7) While United have lost just two league games in 2012, Sunderland have not won in eight since beating QPR 3-1 in March. Four of these ties were 0-0 at half time. A price of 1.08 for Sunderland not to score in both halves is available.
6) Indeed, Martin O’Neill’s side have scored just three goals in six games, while United – bar a 4-4 draw with Everton – have not conceded more than one in the league since February. The Reds are 2.70 to win without conceding, with Sunderland 2.30 not to score at all.
5) There are seven United players more likely to score first than Nicklas Bendtner, at 11.00. Wayne Rooney – looking for his 27th goal of the season – is favourite at 3.75.
4) United have won 22 of their 23 games this season when they have led at the break. They are priced at 3.50 to win both halves.
3) The Reds have not lost a league game to Sunderland in their last 19 meetings, spanning back to 1997. Left-back Michael Gray opened the scoring as Sunderland ran out 2-1 victors at Roker Park that year. Phil Bardsley, the Black Cats’ current full-back and a goalscorer last week against Fulham, is 19.00 to score at any time.
2) Lee Cattermole is Sunderland’s most ill-disciplined player, with 10 yellow cards to his name. The defender is 2.20 to get booked again, and 15.00 to see red.
1) Rooney is priced at 20.00 to score at least three goals at the Stadium of Light. The England international has scored two hat-tricks already this season, against Arsenal and Bolton.