10. Martin O’Neill and Andre Villas-Boas saw their teams win 1-0 and 4-0 respectively on Boxing Day. Sunderland are priced at 3.65 to win on Saturday, whilst Spurs are favourites at 2.05.
9. Sunderland’s Boxing Day win over Manchester City was their 2nd consecutive 1-0 league win, after they beat Southampton 1-0 earlier this month. The home side are available at 11.00 to win 1-0 once again.
8. Steven Fletcher has scored the opening goal on six Premier League occasions in the current campaign. The Scottish striker can be backed at 7.00 to open the scoring against Spurs.
7. Last season’s corresponding fixture ended in a 0-0 stalemate at the Stadium of Light. A repeat of that scoreline this time around is priced at 10.00.
6. The reverse fixture last term saw Spurs run out 1-0 winners thanks to a goal from Roman Pavlyuchenko. An identical 1-0 winning scoreline for AVB’s men is available at 7.75.
5. Brazillian midfielder Sandro has made more interceptions than any other player in the Premier League this season (74), but has only managed one goal. Sandro can be backed at 8.00 to score his 2nd goal of the campaign on Saturday.
4. Gareth Bale’s Boxing Day hat-trick against Aston Villa helped the Welshman equal his nine goal return in the league from last season. Bale is priced at 50.00 to bag another hat-trick.
3. Spurs’ other goalscorer against Aston Villa was Jermain Defoe, who has now scored 14 times in all competitions. Defoe is available at 2.50 to find the net first against Sunderland, just as he did at Villa Park.
2. Adam Johnson’s winner against City was the winger’s 3rd strike of the season. The England international can be backed at 12.00 to score the last goal against Spurs.
1. Both Sunderland and Spurs are yet to win a penalty in the Premier League so far this season. The Black Cats are priced at 8.00 to score a spot-kick, whereas Tottenham can be backed at 7.00 to convert a spot-kick.