10. Tottenham Hotspur have won only two of their previous 12 opening Premier League fixtures. However, they are favourites at 1.73 to beat new boys Crystal Palace.
9. Palace have only lost one of their last six Premier League meetings with Spurs. Ian Holloway’s side can be backed at 4.80 to start their season with a victory.
8. Both the Eagles and their opponents have found the net in their four previous Premier League openers. Both Teams to Score is priced at 1.70.
7. Spurs have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League games against Palace. Andre Villas-Boas’ side are available at 3.00 to win without conceding a goal.
6. The North Londoners have drawn 50% of their previous 12 league openers. A share of the points on Sunday can be backed at 3.80.
5. In the most recent Premier League meeting between the sides (2005), Palace won 3-0 at Selhurst Park. A repeat of that scoreline is priced at 90.00.
4. Palace’s ten Premier League goals against Tottenham are more than the Eagles have scored against any other club in the division. Over 4.5 total goals this time around can be backed at 5.40, with unders at 1.12.
3. The home side won 16 penalties in the Championship last season, while Spurs didn’t earn a single spot-kick in their league campaign. The sides are priced at 8.00 and 7.00 to score from a penalty respectively.
2. Liverpool beat Palace 6-1 the last time the Londoners opened a Premier League season at home. An identical losing result on Sunday is available at 125.0.
1. Roberto Soldado scored 24 La Liga goals for Valencia last season. Spurs’ Spanish summer signing can be backed at 4.50 to open the scoring.