10. Southampton and Aston Villa have drawn their last two head to heads, having gone five matches before then without a tie. They are 3.60 to draw again.
9. Saints have own just one of their last six home games with Villa and are 4.75 to lose again this weekend.
8. These sides drew 1-1 at Villa Park back in November, despite Saints recording 10 shots to Villa’s three and retaining 64.1% possession. Southampton are 1.75 to win this encounter.
7. Southampton are winless in four (LDLL) — their worst run of results since last December. They are 2.05 to lose/draw on the Double Chance.
6. Ronald Koeman’s men have conceded exactly two goals in each of their last four outings. Villa are 6.30 to score in both halves.
5. Villa, meanwhile, have won three league games in four as they battle to avoid relegation. They scored first in each of those victories and are 2.55 to net the opener again.
4. Tom Cleverley’s third goal in three games earned Villa a 1-0 win over West Ham last weekend. The Manchester United loanee hadn’t scored in the Premier League since December 2013 until last month and is 8.00 to net again.
3. Southampton’s Graziano Pelle has scored 15 goals this season but only four in 2015. The Italian is 4.00 match favourite to net the opener.
2. Christian Benteke has scored 12 league goals for Villa this season but provided only two assists. He averages 2.7 shots and wins 6.5 headers per game and is 3.15 to score.
1. Southampton and Aston Villa have both recorded 205 shots in the first half of league games this season. However, Saints boast 274 efforts to Villa’s 187 (the fewest in the league) in the second half of games. Saints are 4.80 to draw/win on the HT/FT.