10. No away side has won a match between Southampton and Everton since April 2002. Southampton are 1.24 to win/draw this fixture at St Mary’s.
9. Everton won the clash 1-0 that day 13 years ago — one of their 11 league victories in the history of this fixture at Southampton. The Toffees are 4.30 to win again.
8. However, Everton have not scored in their last three trips to Southampton. In fact, they have netted in just two of their last 10 visits and are 2.28 not to net.
7. Saints beat the Merseyside club 3-0 in this fixture last season — equalling their heaviest ever victory over Everton (also in March 1981 and February 1979). They are 16.00 to repeat that scoreline.
6. Everton drew their opening game of the season 2-2 with Norwich, having drawn just one game since February before that clash. Another draw is priced at 3.50.
5. Ross Barkley bagged Everton’s first in that game but scored just two goals all last season. The England midfielder is 11.50 to net the opener.
4. Southampton also drew 2-2 in their Premier League opener and, added to their two Europa League qualifying clashes this season, have already netted seven goals in three games. They are 4.50 to score +2.5 times at St Mary’s.
3. Saints were one of five teams to pick up four yellow cards on the first day of the season, one of which was for Jose Fonte, who picked up eight bookings last season. The captain is 3.75 to get a card.
2. Arouna Kone bagged a goal and an assist for the Toffees last weekend, despite only entering the field as a 63rd-minute substitute. The striker is 8.50 to net last.
1. Cederic Soares grabbed an assist for Saints on his debut, having provided just two league goals all campaign when at Sporting Lisbon last season. Soares is 16.00 to net himself.