10. Southampton could win back-to-back Premier League matches against Manchester United for only the second time. The hosts can be backed at 3.20 to win.
9. Saints have lost 22 Premier League games against United, more than any other opponent. Ronald Koeman’s side are 1.62 to either win or draw in a Double Chance bet.
8. Manchester United have won six of their last nine league meetings with Southampton, drawing two and losing one. The visitors are favourites to win at 2.40.
7. The Red Devils have lost only one of their last seven matches away to Southampton, winning five and drawing one. They are 1.39 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
6. Southampton could draw four of their first six games in a top flight season for the first time since 1987-88. A share of the points is priced at 3.30.
5. One of those matches in 87-88 was a 2-2 draw against Manchester United. An identical scoreline is available at 20.00.
4. Saints could keep consecutive clean sheets against United for the first time since 1984-85. The home side are 4.90 to win without conceding a goal.
3. Only one of United’s seven away league wins under Louis van Gaal have been by more than a single goal (2-0 vs QPR in January). They are 12.50 to win 2-0.
2. United have scored more than twice in just one of 21 away league matches since Van Gaal took charge. The visitors are 6.10 to score over 2.5 goals.
1. Anthony Martial could become only the third player to score in both of his first two Premier League appearances for Manchester United after Louis Saha and Federico Macheda. The striker is 7.00 to open the scoring.