10. Stoke City and Liverpool met on the final day of the previous campaign, with the hosts famously winning 6-1, their biggest ever Premier League victory. The home side are 8.00 to score over 2.5 goals.
9. The Potters have beaten Liverpool 23 times in the top flight, all at home. They can be backed at 3.30 to win.
8. Stoke haven’t won consecutive top flight games against Liverpool since 1938. The visitors are favourites to win at 2.20.
7. Last season’s corresponding fixture was Liverpool’s biggest ever Premier League defeat. The Reds are 1.34 to either win or draw in a Double Chance bet.
6. Mark Hughes’ side have lost only one of their last seven league home matches, winning five and drawing one. They are 1.67 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
5. The sides met in the 2013/14 season opener at Anfield. Liverpool ran out 1-0 winners, a repeat of which is priced at 8.50.
4. The last time Liverpool opened their season away from home, West Brom beat them 3-0 at the Hawthorns. A 3-0 home win is available at 46.00.
3. Roberto Firmino has been involved in 45 Bundesliga goals in the last two seasons, scoring 23 and assisting 22. Liverpool’s new signing is 4.10 to score on his competitive debut for the club.
2. Danny Ings scored twice in a 2-1 win for Burnley at the Britannia Stadium last season. The new Liverpool striker is 6.75 to open the scoring.
1. Jonathan Walters has scored five times in his last four home league appearances against Liverpool. He is 4.50 to find the net at any time.