10. Liverpool are unbeaten in their last six Premier League games against Sunderland (W4 D2) but boast just one win in five heading into this game. Liverpool are 1.70 to win again.
9. Sunderland have scored twice in just one of their last 19 top-flight games against Liverpool (a 2-1 win in December 2002). The Black Cats are 4.20 to score +1.5 times.
8. Of the last four top-flight matches between these teams to be played in December, three have finished 0-0. A goalless tie is priced at 10.00.
7. Sunderland are winless in their final Premier League game of the year in each of their past seven seasons (D4 L3). They are 3.85 to draw this clash.
6. The Reds could lose three consecutive league away matches without scoring for the first time since a run of five in a row from September to November 2006. Sunderland are 8.50 to win with a clean sheet.
5. Christian Benteke has scored five goals in six Premier League games against Sunderland. The striker is 9.00 to score twice.
4. Sunderland’s Fabio Borini could score in three consecutive Premier League appearances for the first time in his career. The Italian is 10.50 to score first against his former club Liverpool.
3. Sunderland head into this fixture having lost four straight games and have conceded first in each of those outings. They are 5.50 to win.
2. Liverpool have scored +1.5 goals in just five of 16 games since Jurgen Klopp took charge of the club in October. The Reds are 2.80 to score in both halves.
1. Sunderland (3rd, with 35 yellows and 2 reds) and Liverpool (5th, 35 yellows, 1 red) are two of the most aggressive teams in the Premier League this season. A price of 4.10 is available for a red card being shown.