10. Manchester City have won their last six meetings with Sunderland in all competitions since a 2-2 league draw at the Etihad Stadium in in April 2014.
9. Sunderland haven’t beaten Manchester City since a 1-0 home league win in November 2013.
8. The Black Cats have scored just nine times in their last 12 home games against Manchester City, failing to score more than once in any of those 12.
7. This season’s reverse fixture saw Manchester City win 2-1 at the Etihad; goals from Sergio Aguero and Jermain Defoe preceded a late Paddy McNair own goal.
6. Manchester City have the best away record in the Premier League this term, while only Crystal Palace have a worse home record than Sunderland.
5. Sunderland’s 4-0 victory at Crystal Palace was the only win in their last nine league games, drawing two and losing six.
4. With eight draws and seven defeats, Sunderland have failed to win any of their last 15 Premier League matches played in the month of March.
3. Manchester City could win four successive Premier League games for the first time since winning their opening six fixtures of the current campaign.
2. One goal would see Sergio Aguero become the first South American to score 50 goals in the Premier League.
1. Jermain Defoe has scored 14 of Sunderland’s 24 league goals this season, representing 58.33% of the team’s total goal haul.