10. Sunderland have won their last four league meetings with Newcastle. The hosts are favourites to win at 2.53.
9. The Black Cats have only won two of their last 16 league home games, drawing seven and losing seven. Newcastle can be backed at 2.90 to win.
8. Sunderland are unbeaten in six Tyne-Wear derbies, winning four and drawing two. They are 1.41 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
7. The hosts have drawn seven league matches 0-0 this term; the record is nine. Another stalemate is priced at 8.00.
6. Dick Advocaat’s side have failed to find the net in four of their last five home games. Newcastle are 4.70 to win without conceding a goal.
5. This season’s reverse fixture saw Sunderland win 1-0 at St James’ Park, a repeat of which is available at 7.00.
4. Adam Johnson scored the winner that day; the winger has scored three goals in his last four appearances against Newcastle and is 10.50 to open the scoring once again.
3. Jermain Defoe has scored only four goals in his last 38 Premier League appearances. The striker is 2.80 to score at any time.
2. Sunderland won last season’s corresponding fixture 2-1. An identical scoreline can be backed at 10.00.
1. Steven Fletcher scored that day; the striker scored the first Scotland hat-trick in 46 years against Gibraltar earlier this week and is 21.00 to score twice or more.