10. Sunderland have won their last five Premier League meetings with Newcastle. The hosts are favourites to win 2.57.
9. In fact, Sunderland are unbeaten in the last seven league clashes between the sides, drawing twice prior to that five game winning streak. They are 1.45 to either win or draw in a Double Chance bet.
8. The Black Cats are yet to win a game this season, while Newcastle recorded their first victory of the campaign in their 6-2 thrashing of Norwich last weekend. The visitors can be backed at 2.85 to win.
7. Newcastle’s last win in this fixture came in the form of a 1-0 victory at the Stadium of Light in August 2011. They are 10.00 to win 1-0.
6. Sunderland could be winless after their opening 10 games of a top flight campaign for the third time. Newcastle are 1.54 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
5. If the home side win, Sam Allardyce will become the fourth successive Sunderland manager to record his first Premier League win against Newcastle. The hosts are 4.50 to win without conceding a goal.
4. Allardyce managed Newcastle just once against Sunderland. The sides drew 1-1, a repeat of which is priced at 6.75.
3. Newcastle have scored just once in their last 537 minutes of football in this fixture. Sunderland are 3.15 to keep Newcastle out.
2. After nine matchdays, Sunderland have had fewer touches in the opposition penalty area (116) than any other top flight side. Newcastle are 3.40 to keep a clean sheet.
1. Sunderland have scored four goals in their last six Premier League games; Georginio Wijnaldum scored four times for Newcastle against Norwich last weekend. He is 8.00 to open the scoring.