1. Sunderland and Tottenham Hotspur have met twenty-one times in the Premier League. Spurs have won thirteen of those meetings, compared to Sunderland’s five victories.
2. Spurs had not won for five league games before last weekend’s 3-1 victory over Swansea. The North Londoners are favourites at 2.20 to make it two wins from seven matches.
3. Sunderland have only lost one of their last eight league games at home. The Black Cats are available at 3.30 to continue their brilliant form at the Stadium of Light.
4. In last season’s corresponding fixture, a Niko Kranjcar strike made sure Spurs left the North East with all three points. The final score was 1-2, and a repeat of that scoreline is available at 9.25.
5. Tottenham haven’t won away from home in six league games, but Harry Redknapp is unbeaten in his last fourteen Premier League meetings with Martin O’Neill.
6. Martin O’Neill has picked up 30 points in the seventeen games he has been in charge of Sunderland. Only Manchester United and Manchester City have picked up more points than the Black Cats in that period of time.
7. Sunderland were involved in a high-scoring affair last weekend when they drew 3-3 away to Manchester City. Over 4.5 total goals scored on Saturday can be backed at 6.25, with unders at 1.08.
8. Emmanuel Adebayor has either assisted or scored nine of Spurs’ last twelve goals. The Togolese striker is available at 2.45 to find the net against Sunderland.
9. His team-mate Jermain Defoe has struggled to get a start for Spurs this season. However, Defoe is Tottenham’s top scorer in all competitions this campaign with fifteen goals, and can be backed at 2.65 to bag a goal at the Stadium of Light.
10. Sunderland’s Sebastian Larsson scored twice at the Etihad last weekend. The Swedish midfielder is available at 4.90 to bring his tally for the season up to eight goals in the Premier League on Saturday.