10. Iran played out the first draw of this World Cup when they tied Nigeria 0-0 in Curitiba on Monday. Iran are 9.50 to force a draw with Argentina.
9. These sides drew their only previous meeting, a 1-1 friendly result in March 1977. A 1-1 scoreline in Belo Horizonte is available at 15.00.
8. Reza Ghoochannejhad has 10 goals in 15 appearances for Iran (one every 0.6 games), a record greater than Argentina’s Lionel Messi (87 games, 39 goals at one every 2.2 games). Ghoochannejhad is 7.50 to score.
7. Messi scored his only his second World Cup goal in Argentina’s 2-1 win over Bosnia and Herzegovina, adding to his 41 scored for Barcelona last season. Messi is 3.50 to score first.
6. Argentina beat Bosnia 2-1 in their first group game despite recording just five shots on target to their opponents’ 11. The South American side are 13.00 to beat Iran 2-1.
5. Argentina have scored in both halves of their last three wins. They are 5.50 to net +4.5 goals in Belo Horizonte.
4. Three of Iran’s last five outings have ended 0-0 and a repeat scoreline against Argentina is priced at 20.00.
3. Sergio Aguero last scored a competitive goal in May, during Manchester City’s 3-2 win at Everton. The Argentine has 21 goals from 51 international caps and is 10.50 to net with a 3-0 wincast.
2. Iran retained just 37% of possession in their first Group F game against Nigeria, yet recorded seven of the 17 shots at goal. They are 2.60 to score against Argentina.
1. Iran last played a South American side in October 2010, where they fell 3-0 to an experimental Brazil side. Argentina are 6.10 to repeat that scoreline.
Bet on Argentina v Iran and all World Cup fixtures now.