10. The USA and Portugal have met five times, both claiming two wins and sharing a draw. A repeat draw of the 1-1 result in October 1980 is available at 3.60.
9. USA beat Ghana 2-1 in their opening World Cup match, despite recording just eight shots to Ghana’s 21. USA are 6.00 to beat Portugal.
8. Portugal lost 4-0 to Germany in their opening Group G fixture, their heaviest ever World Cup defeat from 23 previous games. They are 10.00 to lose without scoring in Manaus.
7. Clint Dempsey scored after just 29 seconds for the USA against Ghana, the fifth fastest goal in World Cup history. Dempsey has now scored three successive World Cups and is 9.50 to net first again.
Watch Clint Dempsey score against Ghana in the 2006 World Cup:
6. Portugal’s defeat was their first in eight games, since a 3-1 loss to Brazil in September 2013. They are 1.12 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
5. The USA have scored two goals in each of their last four games and are 3.75 to net +1.5 times against Portugal.
4. Jurgen Klinsman’s side have also scored first in each of these four victories and they are 2.75 to do so again in Manaus.
3. Cristiano Ronaldo has not scored for Portugal since a double against Cameroon in March. The Real Madrid striker has over 300 career goals and is 30.00 to score first and Portugal win 3-0.
2. These sides met at the 2002 World Cup, where the USA took a three-goal lead within 36 minutes and held on for a 3-2 victory. The USA are 6.00 to score in both halves.
1. Portugal’s two wins over the USA, in 1978 and 1990, where both 1-0 results. A repeat scoreline in Manaus is available at 7.50.