Can Australia stop a rampant Netherlands in this Group B encounter? Joe Short has all the stats:
10. The Netherlands have never beaten Australia from three previous attempts (D2 L1). They are 4.10 to lose/draw on the Double Chance.
9. Australia’s sole win over the Dutch was a 2-1 friendly result in Eindhoven in September 2008. They are 15.00 to win on Wednesday.
8. The Aussies failed to win any of their three World Cup warm-up games in 2104 (D1 L2) and lost their Group B opener 3-1 to Chile. They are 1.20 to lose to Holland.
7. Louis van Gaal’s side have won three games in a row, against Ghana, Wales and a 5-1 result over Spain in Group B, twice without conceding. They are 1.76 to win with a clean sheet in Porto Alegre.
6. Arjen Robben scored twice for Holland against Spain. The Bayern Munich midfielder has scored 22 goals for club and country this season and is 2.14 to net again.
Watch Arjen Robben's solo goal against Spain
5. Former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill scored Australia’s consolation against Chile on Friday. He is the only player alongside Holland’s Robben and Robin van Persie to score at the 2006, 2010 and 2014 World Cups. Cahill is 41.00 to score with a 2-1 win scorecast.
4. Van Persie top scored in UEFA qualifying for the World Cup, with 11 goals, and bagged a double against Spain on Friday. The Manchester United striker is 3.55 to net first in Porto Alegre.
3. Australia’s Mile Jedinak scored once in 38 Premier League appearances for Crystal Palace last season and has just four goals from 45 international caps. Jedinak is 9.00 to score.
2. Holland drew three in six games before the Spain victory and are 6.20 to tie their opening group game with Australia.
1. The Dutch reached the final of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, scoring 12 goals throughout the tournament (an average of 1.7 goals per game). They already have five this tournament and are 4.00 to net +3.5 goals.
Bet on Australia v Netherlands now.