10. This will be the first ever meeting between the nations. England are favourites to win at 1.85.
9. England haven’t lost all three of their group matches in a major tournament since the European Championships in 1988. Costa Rica can be backed at 4.20 to win.
8. The Three Lions have never failed to record a single point in a World Cup group. They are 1.22 to either win or draw in a Double Chance bet.
7. Costa Rica will finish top of Group D if they avoid defeat. They are 2.02 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
6. England have lost 2-1 to both Italy and Uruguay. Roy Hodgson’s side are priced at 15.00 to lose 2-1 for a third time.
5. Costa Rica beat Uruguay and Italy 3-1 and 1-0 respectively – scorelines which are available at 32.00 and 12.50.
4. Jorge Luis Pinto’s side have found the net in all seven of their previous World Cup games against nations from Europe. An England clean sheet can be backed at 2.48.
3. Bryan Ruiz bagged his side’s winner against Italy. The former Fulham man is 4.60 to score at any time.
2. Wayne Rooney has played a part in all of England’s goals in the tournament so far, scoring one and assisting the other. He is 5.60 to open the scoring.
1. Frank Lampard has scored 29 goals in 105 appearances for England. The midfielder is 5.20 to find the net at any time.