10. Germany and Portugal have met seven times since 1989, with Germany boasting a W4 D2 L1 record. The Germans are 1.29 to win/draw on the Double Chance.
9. Germany have won their last three matches against Portugal, all three of which come at major tournaments (2006, 2008 and 2012). They are 2.15 to win again.
8. Portugal’s most recent victory over Germany was a 3-0 result at Euro 2000, when Sergio Conceicao scored a hat-trick. It remains their heaviest win over their European rivals and a repeat scoreline is available at 18.00.
7. These sides last met at Euro 2012, in which a 1-0 result to Germany witnessed 23 goal attempts. Monday’s clash is 3.05 to yield -1.5 goals.
6. Germany come into this tie off a 6-1 friendly defeat over Armenia and are unbeaten in 11 games. They are 6.75 to win both halves in Salvador.
5. Portugal conceded just one goal from four games at the 2010 World Cup and are 5.75 to win without conceding.
4. However, the Portuguese have also drawn three of their last seven World Cup games 0-0. A repeat goalless tie is available at 8.00.
3. Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 49 goals in 111 international appearances for Portugal, overtaking Pauleta (47) as his nation’s lead goalscorer. Ronaldo is a 37.00 scorecast price to score first with a 2-0 Portugal win.
2. Miroslav Klose (14) needs two goals to beat Brazil’s Ronaldo (15) to the top of the World Cup goalscorer charts. Klose averages a goal every 0.74 finals games and is 3.20 to net against Portugal.
1. Helder Posiga scored six goals for Portugal in World Cup qualifying – yet netted just three times for club side Valencia last season. Postiga hasn’t scored since October 2013 but is 4.25 to net.